Monday, October 1, 2012

BOOK REVIEW: Pete the Cat - Rocking in My School Shoes



ABOUT THE BOOK (from Amazon):

Pete the Cat is back—and this time he’s rocking in his school shoes. Pete discovers the library, the lunchroom, the playground, and lots of other cool places at school. And no matter where he goes, Pete never stops moving and grooving and singing his song . . . because it’s all good.

MY REVIEW:

My son picked out this book today at a school book fair. We read it before bed and it was one of the funnest* books we've ever read.  I typically cannot read anything with my three kids all together (ages 3, 5 and 7), because they wind each other up and I just end up reading to myself, but by the end of this book we were all singing along and fully enjoying it together.  This one will stay at the top of the reading stack for as long as possible!

* If this statement got you wondering, "is funnest a real word?," this blog post is for you: http://grammar.quickanddirtytips.com/is-funnest-a-word.aspx