Monday, January 3, 2011

BOOK REVIEW: I Spy A Candy Cane by Jean Marzollo


Christmas (2010) is over, but we have a few new holiday books from Santa we still want to review.  The first review was for The Christmas Penguin, this review is for I Spy A Candy Cane by Jean Marzollo, and the next review will be for I Love Christmas.

ABOUT THE BOOK (from Amazon): All new, easy-to-read riddles by Jean Marzollo are paired with fun photographs culled from previously published I Spy books to create an I Spy easy reader. With rhythm, rhyme, and picture clues, this book is written to support the newest reader!

MY REVIEW: I Spy books and other products are so much fun!  In this holiday version we see a number of holiday scenes and get to search for items in the rhyme. My kids and I like to turn it into a game to see who can find each item first.  The last few pages in this book have some word games (i.e. which words end with the letter y).  This is a nice addition for older children who are learning to read.