Saturday, October 23, 2010

BOOK REVIEW: Monsters, Inc. Read Aloud Storybook by RH Disney



My 3-year-old son picked this book up at the library. He's very interested in monsters right now and loves this movie, so I thought it would be a fun book to read with him. When we opened it up, the first thing I noticed was that it was very long, which is not ideal for his age because he gets bored easily. As I started reading the book, the writing style seemed more like a book review than an actual story. It's very dry and hard read in places because the words don't seem to flow well. It is adapted from the movie, so I can see why the writer would do that, but it doesn't make the book fun or interesting to read. It may be a good book for a new reader to practice their new skill, but not a good, fun story-telling book for a parent to interact with their children.